
Each boy has a Betta Fish. One is named Malachi and the other one Jett. I think I am going to re-name Jett the miracle fish! He has been dumped on the floor twice, left to flop around uncontrollably until someone can rescue him and get him back in water. Jett happens to be Spirit's fish, but Lefty is the one who has dumped him....twice -- have I said that yet? He has been dumped twice!
The first time Lefty was just being plain naughty and ended up knocking the fish tank off the desk and poor Jett was flopping all over the desk, then plummeted to the floor to flop some more and eventually ended up flopping himself under a chair before we could rescue him! Last night, Lefty was trying to get something off a shelf and accidentally knocked poor Jett onto the floor where he flopped and flopped, but only briefly. As if he were giving up! It was terribly sad to see. Now, having said that -- the flopping, slimy fish GROSSES me out. But so do spiders and somehow I manage to act brave for the kids sake. Last night, however, I didn't have to touch the fish because Mr. Man was there so he picked up poor Jett off the floor and put him in the tank and I rushed him to the ER (well, ok it was just the bathroom sink!) where I got some water on him until I could properly care for the tank. Poor Jett looked dazed and confused as he tried to get his bearings back.
So then, to traumatize him further, I had to take him out of the tank and put him in a bowl so I could clean the tank. I got the tank all cleaned and chlorinated and all that jazz, got Jett back in his home where he was not as spunky as usual. I put some food in there and he had no interest in eating. This morning he seems better. The last time this happened to him, he didn't eat for like 2 or 3 days and was not swimming around very much so I thought for sure he was a goner, but eventually he bounced back. I am hoping he is ok and doesn't die. I will feel terrible and so will Lefty.
I'm telling you if this little fish survives this trauma for the second time I will re-name Miracle!





1 comment:
Is that actually a picture of Jett? Just wondering how he got the name.
Now I'm also wondering what the life span of a beta is... This was incidentally a thought-provoking post!
Hope Jett survives!
Post a Comment