Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Glue sticks

Spirit: "Mom, can I use your glue sticks?"

Me: "I don't think I have any."

Spirit: "Yes you do. I saw them."

Me: "Where?"

I follow him down the hall to the bathroom -- I am thinking to myself "why would I have a glue stick in the bathroom?" Then he opens the cupboard and pulls out the box of tampons.

Me (holding back laughter): "Honey, those aren't glue sticks."

Spirit: "Well, what are they then?"

He must have seen the horrified look on my face and he said: "Oh. Ok. It is one of those things that you don't want to talk about."

Then he casually walked into his brother's room and asked if he had a glue stick he could borrow leaving me to roll on the floor laughing and at the same time trying to figure out how to hide these things better!

3 comments:

Susan said...

Hah! That made me laugh too!

Unknown said...

LOL! I would LOVE to have seen the look on your face that made him answer in such a way!

Unknown said...

This story will be in your family for years to come...too funny!