Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Why do they grow up so fast?

I was watching Lady Bug last night, they way she talked, the way she moved, the way she was playing and the way she was coloring - she went from being a "little girl" a few weeks ago to being a "big girl" now. Before her 4th birthday she was still "little" and now she is more mature. Her sentences are structured better, she speaks more "grown-up" and she even grew taller I noticed.

I want my baby back. I want her to be a baby for just a little while longer. I love to watch her grow and learn but at the same time I want her to be "little" again -- just for a little bit.

I look at Spirit and Lefty and remember when they were tiny babies too, and now they are in school and we have teacher conferences and bullying issues they are facing and they don't want to snuggle up with me at night anymore. Spirit hasn't kissed me since he was four years old (I still smooch on him though!) which means Lady Bug, being four now, may stop the snuggling and stuff too. I don't want that. I want my babies -- all 3 of them should be little forever!

4 comments:

Misty said...

i go through this every march.

A few weeks ago and old friend from pre-parenthood met Gen. She'd seen photos but never seen her in person. Her response was "this is Genny? you are so much taller than I'd expected." :(

United Studies said...

I am having a hard time accepting the fact that Emma will be starting kindergarten in August!!! I am wondering where the time went.

Anonymous said...

My baby (7) discovered his first wiggly loose tooth today. he's thrilled but I'm doing Wah! I want my baby back!

Carrie said...

Midget's never been very lovey, but if I get any less of it--I'm going to DIE!! " ) I feel your pain!