Tuesday, March 3, 2009

The longest bike ride... E.V.E.R

The weather here has been so beautiful so Spirit and Mr. Man took off on a bike ride the Saturday evening and were gone quite awhile. Pretty soon Spirit comes in, looks at me cooking dinner and says:

"Mom. You should thank the Lord I'm not dead."

Me: *kinda chuckling* "Really. Ok. What happened?"

Spirit: "Dad took me on the longest bike ride ever. I think we rode about 5 miles."

Pretty soon here comes Mr. Man saying they did ride about 5 or 6 miles and he was sure both of them would be hurting in the morning! I just thought it was hilarious the way Spirit approached me on it!

***********************************************************************************
On another note:

Spirit called me at work yesterday

"Mom, how is your day going? Has it been fun at work today? What did you have for lunch and what time did you eat?"

I thought it was cute, but it made me wonder if he was guilty of something and why was he asking me these questions??

I never found out if he was guilty of something, I think he was just wanting a conversation with me and when you are 8 that is the best ya got - you throw out all the questions at once and don't really wait for the answers!

7 comments:

Misty said...

too sweet... i love long bike rides!
so, now I really want to know- what did you have for lunch?

Carrie said...

Sounds like a great conversation to me!! " )

Ruby Red Slippers said...

I can't wait for bike riding to continue around here-still winter, still snow. My eight year old also asks the funniest questions.!

Sami Jo said...

That is so sweet of him to call you. He loves you and keep your chin up on the reading he'll keep pluggin' along ;)!

MuseSwings said...

Five miles is practically to Mars! At least for me. I stopped by from Sits to say hello!

United Studies said...

Hehe....but I am impressed he held up for so long!

Temple said...

That is so sweet! (the call...not the 5 mile bike trek which in my book is akin to torture.. :)