Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Another post of mish-mash

My thoughts are so scattered today and I warn you now that this post might do the same thing!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Last night I attempted my first corned beef brisket... and guess what? My husband said it was AMAZING (Thanks Lori for the recipe!) His exact words were "I can't remember the last time I had corned beef, but this stuff is amazing!" We had ZERO left overs. The kids snarfed it up too!
I actually cooked mine in the crock-pot on low all day (9 hrs) with the seasoning packet. Then I got home and put the meat into a casserole dish. I poured the water from the crock-pot into a pot and brought it to a boil. I added potatoes and cabbage and onion to the water and cooked those. Meanwhile, I mixed up the mustard and brown sugar like Lori told me to and slathered it on the meat and baked it at 375 for about 30 minutes. It was to-die-for-yumilicous!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks for all your helpful tips and advice about the teasing. We talked to Spirit and really tried to get him to understand that his brother will always be around no matter what friends may come and go so he needs to treat him right. I am sure this will be an on-going effort, but at least we are off to a start.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lady Bug's preschool class gets divided up into groups for a rotation of activities throughout the day, but the group they are in do not change ... meaning everyday she is with the same group of kids. There was one little boy in her group who keep pulling her hair, hitting her, kicking her, etc. So I talked with the teacher this morning and she told me that she would move Lady Bug to a different group. Lady Bug looked so relieved when the teacher told her she would be in a different group from now on!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lefty is supposed to go on a field trip tomorrow. I sent in the money and the permission slip last Wednesday. Yesterday he brought home a note and another permission slip that he still needed to pay. I am asking him what happened. He doesn't really answer. I ask if he turned it in last week. He still doesn't really answer - it was sort of a mumble of something or other. I sat down with him and asked him what happened. He just stared at me. I asked again if he turned it in and he said "ummm, maybe I did." So I told him I was going to go in and talk with the teacher this morning and tell her that we already paid.............. his response? "Oh. I wish you wouldn't." So I asked again if he turned it in and he said he thinks it fell out of his backpack because he forgot to zip up the backpack (a recurring problem!) So my initial reaction was to tell him he couldn't go then. But then I decided that he could go, I would pay again but I told him if this sort of thing happens again he will either not be able to go or he will have to pay for it out of his own money. {AND let this be a lesson to the mommy that you shouldn't send cash!}
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I caught Lady Bug this morning dressing up our poor dog in her dolls clothing! Poor dog. No wonder she tried running away this weekend!

6 comments:

Ruby Red Slippers said...

YEA!!!!! I e-mailed you-but I was worried maybe I missed a step, or maybe your kids aren't addicted to brown sugar like mine are---I am soooo glad you all liked it!!!

Misty said...

maybe mish mash but a central theme, none the less.

I've never liked Corned beef but good for you- making it!

Poor Ladybug! :( I am glad she got to move!

Tanielle said...

Sounds like a yummy dinner!!! I need to be a better cook! I'm sure my husband agrees too!

Have a great rest of your Wednesday!

Kelly said...

I'm so glad Lady Bug got a new group! As a teacher I try to put the good kids with the ones that need some extra help, but I always make sure that other times they are rewarded by being with the good kids again. I'm so glad she is in a new group now!

United Studies said...

Poor puppy! Emma devils our little guinea pig, but I think the little rat actually likes it! If we are holding her and Emma walks into her line of vision, she will do anything to get her attention and crawl up to her.

Aubrey said...

Never tried corned beef. Sounds...interesting.

I love mish mash posts! You get a little of everything!