Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Melts my heart


So dear little Lady Bug called me into her room the other night after she had been tucked into bed and she says:

"Mommy, you are MY girl!"

It melted my heart! This morning she told me I looked beautiful - again melted my heart!


I love that girl!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Over the weekend the boys asked Lady Bug if she wanted to play race cars with them (this is a game where they take match box cars and race along the floor, crashing into things and each other - it is great boy fun!) and Lady Bug's response was:

"YES! But mom painted my toe nails
and I need to wait until they dry."

It made me laugh because here she is talking all girly-girl about her pedicure and in the same breath wanting to play a smash 'em up game with her brothers!

10 comments:

Tiffany said...

A true girl - one who can keep up with the boys, while still holding on to their perfect pedicure!

Aubrey said...

They have a way of doing that! As they get older, it usually means they want something! LOL

Carrie said...

Ahhh, so sweet! I was like that as a kid. Always outside playing in the dirt with my tonka trucks wearing a froofy dress!

Beth Cotell said...

Awwww! How adorable! She sounds like a real sweetie!

Meg said...

Thats so cute!

Lianne said...

Cute! A girl's gotta have priorities... :)

2 Little Irish Boys said...

I love it when they get to the stage where they are all about compliments and telling you that they love you. Cash is sooo in that stage!1

La Pixie said...

aww, she is so sweet. I love how she educated the boys on the proper wait for wet nails!

Ruby Red Slippers said...

I want one!
But~
I don't want to be pregnant.
I don't want to deliver another baby. Ever.
I want a little girl-and the dog ain't cutting it...however-I adore every minute as a boy mom~
(You are really blessed!)

Anonymous said...

Cute :) I'm very familiar with that smash em up game, having played many times with my son.

The once a year I actually paint my nails my little one is all pointing to her fingers and toes, going "pease!"