Yes. I did. Not by trying. But the dog got out F.O.U.R. times this weekend and I was literally running through the neighborhood trying to catch her! She is fast - she reminds me of a jack rabbit! Her little legs booking as fast as she can go - looking back over her shoulder at me the whole time too! At one point I lost track of her and had to go home to get my car. In the meantime someone found her and called me! So I drove over and picked her up - we were home 10 minutes and boom! she was gone again! I was so frustrated with that dog - but hey, the good news is I dropped a pound and sleep like a baby that night!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In other news... Saturday night my in-laws called to see if they could stop by. "Sure!", I said. My MIL told me she was cleaning up her dinner dishes and would be by shortly. Well, a lot of time passed and I had to start my dinner. About 10 minutes before my dinner would be done, here they come! No big deal. Mr. Man insisted they sit with us. Then he set plates for them. She insisted they weren't hungry but ended up eating a little bit with us anyway which was fun. It was such a nice evening and I had planned a somewhat fancy meal so it was as though I had planned the whole thing!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The kids decided to set up a table outside and they were selling their match box cars. A kid who lives up the street came over (unbeknownst to me) and "bought" some cars. He paid them with a McDonalds gift card. I know this kid and he isn't a very good kid so as soon as I found out about the card I called the number listed on the back to see if the card really had anything on it. Sure enough it didn't. So I called this kid back over and had a little discussion about it. I told him he needed to bring the cars back. He tried lying to me saying that he thought it had $100 on it. I asked him who told him that and he said his aunt told him that. I said that no one would buy $100 gift card for McD's and that I called the number and there isn't anything on the card. I also pointed out that IF indeed that were true, then he just paid $100 for a car that costs $0.97 at Walmart! He said he was sorry and went home to get the cars. He never came back. I was HOT - I marched over to his house and asked for the cars back. He was home alone (which happens a lot) with his sister who is 12. She told him he better bring me the cars or else she would tell on him. He brought me the cars and followed me back to my house - SO HE COULD PLAY on all of our toys. I let him play but I watched him like a hawk because he tends to be very rough with our toys. I feel bad for the kid but at the same time don't want his bad influence affecting my kids. I don't want to mean and I know kids will be kids but URG I hate dealing with it!
Monday, March 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





6 comments:
Yikes, what a weekend! I would almost swear that same bratty kid lives in my neighborhood! He shows up unannounced and is so rowdy. I hate for my kids to be around him. He is never supervised! If you come up with a good plan how to deal with him, let me know! :/
YAY for losing weight.
BOO to that bratty kid! my sister got tricked out of some shoes when she was like 4 and she still complains about it to this day. she is 25 now.
Ok, that is one way to look at a runaway dog-mine ran away twice a few weeks ago, and I was in a panic...I worry she will get hit by a car...(Dumb Dog!)
We have a super rough neighbor boy and he can be mean to my six year old...I sit there the whole time, and correct him if he is mean. I have had to tell him if he wants to play with my kids, he plays by my rules...I have sent him home several times, but after time with him, he just needed to know I meant business, but I have kindness to offer if he acts appropriate-
it is TOUGH to be a parent isn't it?
Rough weekend. That's my fear of getting a dog someday, I'd actually have to want to go and find her!
I don't blame you for watching that kid. Some kids are so rough and it may not be their fault but since they don't know better it's stil no reason to let stuff go.
hi you did win...i sent you an email asking for your address and shirt size and style..did you get it? btw i am in aurora..unfortunately my giveaway vendors are not!!
Post a Comment