Thursday, March 19, 2009

Costa Rica

A friend of ours is getting married in Costa Rica this September....

I am busy working on seeing if our family would be able to swing the trip. My friend would love for us to be able to come and I would love to go ... if for no other reason to say I've been to Costa Rica!

Keep your fingers (and toes, and eyes and elbows and whatever else) crossed that we can afford it.

Airfare for five people is gonna be costly I am afraid! Then ya got your hotel and food and a fun-money! I'll keep ya posted!

8 comments:

sassy stephanie said...

How about getting a relative to stay home with the kiddos and go for a couple of nights, just the two of you? Cuts the cost down and gives you some great couple time.

Tiffany said...

oooohhhh - good luck! Eyes are crossed for you! That would be so fun!
Hope my face doesn't freeze this way!

Anonymous said...

Would be great if you could do that. Probably without children would be more affordable.
I am just catching up with your blog so I have comments about several days worth.
going to try the corned beef. Sorry Everett has gotten teased about the bed wetting. breaks your heart and mine. Hope you also talked to our little girl, as well as her big brother who she emulates, about the teasing.
ggranny b

La Pixie said...

oh, I hope you get to go! thats like, a once in a lifetime kinda trip. =)

Aubrey said...

I was going to say what Sassy did! Make it a getaway trip for just the two of you! Much more affordable!

Anonymous said...

Hola from Costa Rica... Where is the wedding taking place? The time you mentioned coming, Sept. is low or rainy season so hotel rates are less. The tourism industry is taking a big hit due to the economy so deals CAN be found. You might look at B&B's, better in my opinion for families...homier environment. If you're willing you may find people here who would like someone to housesit or home exchange for where you are? The possibilities are endless if you wan to make this happen. We don't own a b&b, hotel or sell anything. Just a family living here loving life. Yes, it's cheaper to come with out children but this is such an awesome experience for kids. Check out our blog. www.anewlifeincostarica.com

Jill said...

Sounds like so much fun. I hope you get to go!

Misty said...

but HOW EXCITING!

Everything crossable is crossing...

Your frittata sounds amazing!