Saturday, January 17, 2009

My Meal Plan for this coming week

Lots of people participate in the Menu Plan Monday, since my meal planning begins on Saturday I thought I would just post my meal plan on Saturdays.

Plus, I was talking to a friend of mine who is really struggling with meal planning and grocery shopping (struggling to the point of tears with me one day, asking me how I do it) so I thought maybe this would help her get started!

Every Thursday I sit down and plan my meals for the following week. I make a table with 4 columns and 7 rows. One column is labeled DATE, one column is labeled BREAKFAST, one for LUNCH and one for DINNER (You could also add a column for snacks if you have little ones at home during the day). Then in the date column I write the day and date (Sat. 1/10) this helps me figure out what days we will be home for a relaxing evening or what days we need to eat in a hurry, etc.

Now I start figuring what meals I am going to make and on what days. I use "LO" for days we are eating left over meals and if there is a day I know we are eating out I just write OUT. I will sometimes ask the kids or Mr. Man to help decide what to have, but not always. Once I have my meals plugged in I go through the pantry, cupboards, freezer and fridge to see what I will need to buy for these meals. Then I go grocery shopping on Friday.

January 17-23 meal plan:

Saturday:
Breakfast - Cereal / juice
Lunch - Homemade macaroni and cheese / Peas / canned pears
Dinner - OUT

Sunday:
Breakfast - Biscuits / Eggs / Bacon
Lunch - Make-your-own pizza (I buy Boboli pizza crusts and all the fixins for personal pizzas.)
Dinner - Crock-pot Green Chile Stuffed Chicken breasts (New recipe - I'll let you know how it comes out!) / corn / tortillas

Monday:
Breakfast - Cereal / juice
Lunch - Left Overs
Dinner - Ranch Broiled Chicken / corn / applesauce / bread

Tuesday:
Breakfast - Cereal / juice
Lunch - Left Overs
Dinner - Crock-pot Broccoli Beef and Rice (New recipe - I'll let you know how it comes out!)

Wednesday:
Breakfast - Cereal / juice
Lunch - Left Overs
Dinner - Taco Build-up / Cheese Dip and chips

Thursday:
Breakfast - Cereal / juice
Lunch - Left Overs
Dinner - Spaghetti / corn / Garlic bread

Friday:
Breakfast - Cereal / juice
Lunch - Left Overs
Dinner - Hawaiian meatballs and rice

2 comments:

Tabitha Blue said...

It's great to see this. You make it look so easy. We 'kind of' meal plan, not quite so detailed. Maybe that would be a help though, I just might have to try that out!!

:)
~Tabitha~

La Pixie said...

I think this looks awesome. when I start cooking (for real) for me and Sweetheart, Im gonna try to implement this.