Let's see Sunday night was the last good night of sleep I had. Then got up early Monday for the "me time" so I was pretty tired come 9:30 Monday night... Now enter a very windy night and one scared 3 year old.
Said 3 year old comes into our room crying at 2:00 am because she is scared. Mr. Man lets her stay in our bed which would have been fine except she tossed and turned and flipped and flopped the rest of the night. I got up early (which was 5:30) again Tuesday morning for some more "me time". Tuesday night I had to work late and didn't get home until a little after 9:00 pm. I grabbed a bagel for dinner and went to bed. Now enter another windy night and a scared 3 year old.
Here comes Lady Bug again about 2:00 am scared of the wind. Mr. Man lets her get in bed with us again. She tossed and turned and flipped and flopped so at 3:45 am Mr. Man got up to go to her bed. In his tiredness he stumbled into a door knocked something over and the door went banging up against the wall.
Now, enter scared 7 1/2 year old. Mr. Man took Spirit to his room and laid with him in his twin bed (ya, I bet that was comfy!) and also enter a small dog that was aroused by the commotion - yep that was fun too! The banging of Mr. Man, Spirit waking up and the dog waking up also ended up waking up Lady Bug so she talked and talked to me about the wind and about Santa Clause for an hour. Finally at 5:00 she fell back to sleep. So did I. Mr. Man came to wake me up at 6:30 -- too late for me to have "me time" so I get up and get busy making lunches etc.
Last night we got to bed about 9:30 and at 2:00 am here comes Lefty. Poor kid had peed his bed, changed his clothes (into his school clothes!) and tried to sleep on the couch. He got cold and scared so came to our room. Then at 4:00 am dog wakes up and wants to play -- umm NO!
Need less to say I am exhausted today! Hopefully I can get to bed at a decent hour tonight and sleep all.night.long.
Wish me luck!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





7 comments:
true story- i haven't slept well either. No scared children in my house, but lots of headaches and deep thoughts. I'm exhausted.
Even stranger, I've had FOUR friends tell me they can't sleep this week. Weird, right? Maybe it's my tiredness, but when I saw that you posted about this- I thought it was so strange.
Ok, must be the moon (& wind) or something! I had the WORST night's sleep last night. I can't wait for afternooon naps here so I can catch a few zzzz's before going into work this evening!
Hope you are able to get to bed early tonight...and snooze!
I agree something is definintely going on here. I haven't slept well all week either - well, for that matter off and on for weeks now. I awaken at odd hours and can't go back to sleep for hours on end. Nothing makes me tired at that time. I only get tired in the early evening when I need to be "with it"
Hope tonight is better for us all!
omg, I havent slept well at all this week. last night, I woke up three times because of a sore throat, but thats the best nights sleep that Ive all week!
Wow! That's a lot of stressful stuff!
Here's to earplugs, empty bladders, calm weather, non-klutzy hubbies, and doggie lunesta!
Get some rest!
Take four quick shots of tequila, skip the lime and head to the bedroom. Only lock the door cuz then hubs will want to follow you in there.
Maybe there is something going on...none of us in our house have slept well, either. Emma can't fall asleep until way past her bedtime, and my nephew cries for about an hour at bedtime, when usually he goes right to sleep.
Hmmm...
Here's to a restful weekend!!
Post a Comment