Friday, January 23, 2009

Meatloaf Cups

I saw this (well something similar, I have since modified it a little) on a Rachel Ray show about 5 years ago. I think Rach (I can call her that because we are pretty tight!) calls them Meatloaf Muffins, but that sort of makes me gag. Muffins and meatloaf do NOT go together! Ick! The boys in my house call them Pint-sized Meatloaf, but whatever you call them I know they are good!

The nice thing about it is, with the basic meat, bread crumbs, egg and seasoning you can really add whatever you want or nothing at all, but they are small and pack well for left overs.

Meatloaf Cups (or Pint-Sized Meatloaf)
INGREDIENTS:
1 1/2 lb hamburger
1 medium onion
2 ribs of celery (sometimes I don't do this)
1 green bell pepper (sometimes I don't do this)
1 large egg, beaten with a splash of milk
1 c bread crumbs
2 Tbls grill seasoning (I use McCormick fajita seasoning)
1 c bbq sauce
1/2 c to 1 c cheddar cheese (I just dump til it looks right!)

Preheat oven to 450 degrees.

Dice onion, celery and bell pepper. Put ground beef into a big bowl. Add diced veggies. Add egg mixture, bread crumbs, cheese and grill seasoning to the bowl.

In a small bowl, stir together HALF of the bbq sauce and the meatloaf mixture. Mix until well blended.

Spray a large 12 muffin tin with nonstick spray. Using an ice cream scooper, fill each muffin cup with about a half of a cup of the meatloaf mixture. Top each with a spoonful of the reserved bbq sauce. Bake for 20 minutes or until done.


**You can also add shredded cheese to meatloaf mixture if desired.

4 comments:

La Pixie said...

I dont eat meatloaf, but Sweetheart LOVES it. this will be SUCH a cute way to fix it for him!!

Ruby Red Slippers said...

YUM! I love meat loaf!-I have a recipe to share, but I like the cup idea-my kids will eat anything in the shape of a muffin!!!!

Aubrey said...

We aren't big meatloaf fans here but I make a similar recipe that super easy. It's just ground beef, a box of stove top stuffing, a cup of water, mix, bake for 1/2 hour @ 350 and voila! Also, you make a little spoon indentation on the the top and put cheese or salsa or marinara at the very end!

Tabitha Blue said...

Making this tomorrow! Thanks!!

:)
~Tabitha~

freshmommyblog.com