Friday, January 9, 2009

Sausage Dip

My friend Aubrey gave me this recipe years ago when we worked together. She would always bring this to the office potlucks and I would gorge myself on it. I recently took this to a BBQ at a friend's house and she called me a few weeks later asking for the recipe! It is so delicious and great for potlucks, BBQ's or any ol' little party you may hosting or attending! Heck, it is good for football game watching with just the family too!

Sausage Dip
INGREDIENTS:
1 pkg Jimmy Dean Sausage
1 medium yellow onion, diced
1 (16 oz) can diced tomatoes
1 (8 oz) sour cream
2 pkg ( 8 oz) cream cheese, softened
1 can diced jalapenos

Brown sausage until 1/2 cooked and then add onion. Finish cooking sausage. Add sour cream and cream cheese. Mix thoroughly. Drain diced tomatoes and jalapenos. Stir into sausage mixture. Heat in crock-pot until warm. Serve with tortilla chips.

4 comments:

Carrie said...

Hey there! Remember me? I'm almost all the way back from computer death...

This sounds so good and about eleventy billion points on Weight Watchers. But still, I WANT IT!!

hehe My word verification is "topoo!" That's awesome!!

Aubrey said...

Great! Now I want to make this but I see my 2 lbs. + more coming back if I do!! It's sooo good though!

La Pixie said...

ooohhh, I think my fiance is gonna love you for this. Ill prolly save it for Super Bowl Sunday, though.

Beth Cotell said...

I make a similar dip with Rotel, cream cheese and sausage. This sounds good with the jalapenos, onions and sour cream. I wish I had a giant bowl of it right now and I'd eat it for dinner! I LOVE DIPS!