Thursday, January 15, 2009

The ex-husband

The other night Lefty starts hollering for his dad after he had been in bed for about 10 minutes - it was a very upset tone of voice too. So Mr. Man rushed in there to see what the matter was. I overheard the conversation and here is what I heard:

Lefty: "Dad. Spirit says that mom didn't have an ex-husband and she did."

Mr. Man: "Mom was never married before me. She doesn't have an ex-husband."

Lefty: "Yesssss, she did and he died of a heart attack."

Mr. Man: "What are you talking about? Mom does not have an ex-husband or a husband that died."

Lefty: "Ugh. Dad. She did. Remember he had a heart attack while driving and there was a funeral you went to."

Mr. Man: "That was your grandpa. That was your grandma's husband, not your mom's husband."

Lefty: "ohh. well that is what I meant."

When Mr. Man came back to where I was he said with a grin on his face "Is there something we need to talk about?"

8 comments:

www.AForestFrolic.typepad.com said...

Over from SITS! And OMG that is funny what your little one said. I love when they get things mixed up and it always make a great story, hehe. Your husband was probably confused for a split second, hehe.

Carrie said...

How cute!! The little connections they make are so funny!

Misty said...

awe... too funny!

one time I was talking to rabekah about how Donnie Wahlberg (from NKOTB) was my first husband. it was a TOTAL joke. Anyway, that has stuck with Genny for years... when they made their big comeback, Genny was really concerned that I hadn't called to congratulate him, even though he's very old.

she makes sure to tell everyone Chw is not my first husband. of course, I trail behind and tell them the truth. ugh.

La Pixie said...

aha ha ha ha

that story is definitely one to bring to the family reunion.

Aubrey said...

I bet Mr. Man had a lot going through his head right then. LOL You might as well come clean now!
Ha-Ha!

Anonymous said...

Don't you love how kids get stuff so mixed up?

That's one cute kid :)

United Studies said...

LOL...that is too cute!

Tiffany said...

Those family trees will get ya every time!