Friday, May 8, 2009

Tomato, Artichoke and Salami Salad

This is a good summer time salad for the those hot nights when you just don't wanna cook. This is also a good salad to take to potlucks. Prepare it the day before and let it sit overnight. Viola! Dinner is ready!

I have also used turkey, pepperoni or ham instead of the salami. All are very good in this salad.




Tomato, Artichoke and Salami Salad
INGREDIENTS:
4 c cooked elbow macaroni
1 c shredded mozzerella
1 c shredded parmesan
2 c cherry tomatoes, halved
8 oz salami cut into bite size pieces
1 c roasted sweet red pepper strips (I use the Vlasic brand)
1 jar (7.5 oz) marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
1 can (2 1/4 oz) sliced ripe olives, drained
1/3 c Italian salad dressing
dash of pepper


Combine all ingredients in a large salad bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight. Toss before serving.

1 comment:

Tara said...

Yum! This looks great--I love artichokes. Thanks for sharing.