Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Craft - Mother's Day

Ok, ok, so I know Mother's Day has come and gone, but I couldn't post these pictures until after my mother got her present! So you can flag this idea for next year if you want, or for any other holiday that might come along! This was fun and easy to do!

It all started with this chip board idea that I saw on Crafting Chicks. Then I saw this accordion book idea here. Combined the two ideas and came up with this:



There is one here that I made for my mom and the other for my mother-in-law. Each one was slightly different inside, but essentially I glued photos of each of us on a section of the accordion and each one of us did a short paragraph about what we love about these two women. I let the kids hand write theirs, but for Mr. Man's and mine I typed them up on the computer then cut them to size and glued them in. On the empty pages I found quotes about moms and glued them onto the pages to fill up the book.

The above picture shows the book all unfolded. These were not hard to put together and it was a great family thing to do together! These also were not expensive to make either.

9 comments:

sassy stephanie said...

Great gift! You are so crafty!

La Pixie said...

it might be easy to make, but it sure looks like it was difficult.

you could make some blank ones and sell them, because they are sooo cute but look intimidating!

Tiffany said...

That's really cool! I'm definitely bookmarking this idea! Oh - and I love La Pixie's idea about making blank ones and selling them - maybe on Etsy? I want to sell something on Etsy! I need to make something. hee hee

I have the same problem - I can't post my Mother's Day until my mom and stepmom get their presents. Yeah, I know, I'm a slacker - but at least one of them lives 800 miles away! (I won't tell you the other one lives less than five minutes and i haven't gotten hers to her yet!)

Misty said...

I've made those before. We did them for Christmas cards one year. 45 of them. Talk about the stupidest decision I've ever made... I wanted to shoot Christmas in the head after that... :)

you are just a clever, crafty girl!

Mimi said...

That looks amazing!

Thanks for stopping by my blog & helping to make my SITS day special!

Beth Cotell said...

What a really cool idea. They turned out great and I'm sure the moms were excited to receive them!

Ruby Red Slippers said...

Wow! What a great idea!!! I am sure they loved it!

wenderful said...

Thanks for stopping by and helping me celebrate my sits day today! I had ginormous fun.

United Studies said...

Those are really cool! I will have to get the directions and try making those.