My sister-in-law and her family moved away. They left yesterday afternoon. They are moving from Colorado to Virginia for her husband's job. I wanted to give them a little going away gift, but you see they have moved once before. About 3 years ago they moved from Colorado to Virginia. Then about 1 year ago they moved back to Colorado and now they are leaving again. When they left the first time, I put together a little handmade recipe book of all our family-favorite recipes. She loved it!
I can't very well do that this time around so I needed to come up with something different! I decided since they would be driving that maybe a little "road trip care package" might be a good idea.
I found a rectangle Rubbermaid box (one that I had around the house that we weren't using) and filled it with snacks, chap stick, hand sanitizer, lotion, travel-size tissues, travel-size Extra Strength Tylenol, some fruit and water bottles. I figured this could be stacked in the car somewhere neatly, no pretty tissue paper and bag to deal with, nor was it one more thing she would have to pack up!
She carried on about how awesome this was. She said all she would need to really do is buy some ice for her cooler and fill it with the water bottles and some pop and they would be all set.
So, if you need a going away gift idea you could do the recipe book (like I did for my SIL the first time she moved) or do this Road Trip Care Package - she loved them both!
Tuesday, May 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





7 comments:
What the heck are they doing in Galax?
great idea!!!!
Great idea! You always do the most thoughtful things!!
That is a fantastic idea-I hope I remember it whe I need it!!!
How thoughtful! I may just put one of these together for our beach trip next month...That and some "bread without the bread!" LOL.
great idea! A friend of mine did a huge travel basket for us 2 years ago when we had to make a trip to Kentucky. She put in all kinds of snacks and even some cheapy games for the kids to play in the car. It was so thoughtful - and needed at the time. I hope one day I can pay forward the favor.
thats a great idea! I did something similar a few times when people I knew were in the hospital for extended stays. now, I just need someone I know to move away.
Post a Comment