Tuesday, May 19, 2009

It's Only Tuesday. . .

It is only Tuesday. There is so much fun happening this weekend I can hardly stand to wait...but I have to.

This coming Friday we are meeting some dear family friends (this couple is actually my mom's best friends) for dinner. I haven't seen them in a while and can't wait to catch up! We are planning to go to the White Fence Farm - I LOVE this place and so do the kids!

Then, my favorite sister is coming on Sunday (shhh, don't tell my other favorites sisters that I said SHE is my favorite!), she is coming with her family for a wedding on her husband's side of the family, so I only get to spend a little bit with them, but I am SO very excited for the time we do get to be with them! The kids are excited to see their cousins too. We have lots (and lots and lots) of cleaning to do before they get here. This will be my sister's first time seeing our new house so I want it to look as good as possible. I have threatened warned everyone that we will be doing some serious house cleaning on Saturday!

On Monday, of course no work for me (Mr. Man is a mortician so he will probably work that day assisting families in the cemetery finding loved ones plots, etc.) and no school for the kiddos so I am rooting for good weather and hope to do some yard work (and secretly hoping that my sister will have a little bit of more time for us .. but if that doesn't work out I will survive)

Speaking of yard work, Spirit and his little friends have decided to start a "Bug Club" which means they spend hours and hours digging in the dirt looking for bugs to collect in jars. They even went to all our neighbors offering to collect bugs for people. Well, the boys started in someone else's yard until the dad of that little boy finally said "Enough!" and made them fill all the holes. They moved to another home, until that father had enough. They came to me to ask my permission to dig in our yard to which I promptly said "No! Are you nuts?" So they swiftly asked Mr. Man when he got home who promptly said "Sure. Go ahead. Let me get you some big ol' shovels to dig up the front where mom was going to plant flowers!" Ok, ok, he didn't say all that, but he definitely didn't stop them from using the big ol' shovels in my flower bed. And so what if there is nothing but dirt in there right now, I was planning to get some flowers in there! Sheesh. I already told the boys that the holes will be filled before this weekend and the driveway and sidewalk will be washed clean with the hose. Mr. Man says "Honey, they are just being boys!" Maybe so, but even the other neighborhood moms/dads are sick of "boys being boys" and we are the only fools left on the street allowing the digging!

Any big BBQ plans for anyone this weekend? I have been trying some new recipes and can't wait to post them in the coming weeks for you all!

5 comments:

Shell in your Pocket said...

OH..the white fence farm..sounds wonderful!! I love when I have such fun weekends...enjoy!
sandy toe

Beth Cotell said...

Sounds like a great week you have scheduled!

We have ZERO plans! Ack!

And I didn't realize your husband was a mortician! I bet he has lots of blog worthy stories!

United Studies said...

Emma is fascinated with bugs now, too.

Our plans for the weekend is to relax and eat!

Anonymous said...

As usual I am catching up with your blog. Must say that I absolutely love the Mothers Day gift. I have been showing it around everywhere. Thank you all.
Also I love Tortilla soup and have tied several receipes and I will definitely try yours. Same as your husband, the one I loved was at a restaurant that closed.
hugs GGranny B

Carrie said...

WHAT? Why did I not remember that your hubby was a Mortician? Most likely because my baby ate my brain, but still! My Dad was a Mortician and I grew up in a Funeral Home. Seriously, I must have already known!