We try to have one night per week where we have just family night. No guests over. No TV. No video games. Just each other. With our kids still young enough that they don't have an abundance of extra curricular activities it is usually fairly easy to do this.
This last week we had the BEST family night. Lefty, Lady Bug and I made dinner together. We made a family favorite spaghetti and homemade garlic toast and then for dessert we had rootbeer floats. After we cleaned up from dinner we played games. Everyone got to pick one game to play. After that we curled up on the couch and watched a movie together. It was an over all great evening. No one really got feelings hurt when they lost a game, no one fought and everyone was getting along. It was so pleasant. I love nights like that.





5 comments:
Fun. We try to do the same as well as a family movie night on Fridays.
I love those nights!!!
Family time is the best time-
I have been wanting to do this for forever. Between tee ball, softball, church, and hubby's work schedule, we haven't done it yet. You have inspired me to try harder to do it! It sounds like a lot of fun!
Candyland is one of Emma's favorite games to play! Friday nights are our game/movie nights. It's fun.
Me too!!! Family nights are the best!
Post a Comment