Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Recap

I know I went missing for a few days, but I'm back! We had a busy weekend - here is a brief recap:

FRIDAY: after I got off work I went to the hair salon - scary times, it was a "new girl". Not new to the hair industry, but new to me. I hate trying new people. It usually ends in me crying and hating my hair. This time it didn't turn out that way. The girl came recommended to me by my friend and she was super nice and I felt very confident in her work. However, the color job (yes, full color to cover the enormous amounts of gray hairs on my head!) turned out lighter than I had hoped for. Mr. Man loves it though and so far my friends tell me they like it. The cut that I got is cute too, if I could just figure out how to style it then I will be set!

SATURDAY: we were out of the house by 10:30 to pick up a birthday present for a party the boys were invited to that afternoon (nothing like procrastination!) and then to the party store to get balloons for Lefty's party. Although his birthday was last Monday, we had a "family" party downtown at the Old Spaghetti Factory. It was a lot of fun! Got home at about 2:00, quickly wrap present for next birthday party and off we go. I thought the boys were just invited, but after I got there the father insisted that I stay and that I get my husband and daughter to come too. They are the nicest family and I couldn't say no. So after Mr. Man and Lady Bug got there we had some food and waited for the clowns to show up. Funny thing is that we were the only gringos in the bunch, everyone else spoke Spanish, including the clowns! It was such a fun party though and the kids had a great time! There was good food, and even though we had no idea what the clowns were saying we laughed and had a great time! Got home at 7:30 pm. Put a movie in and settled in for the night!

SUNDAY: Spirit and Mr. Man walked in a charity walk then met the rest of us at church. The rest of the day was pretty uneventful (I like it like that!)

MONDAY: 5:00 am here comes Lady Bug into our room crying. She doesn't feel good. She has a fever of 101 and is coughing. I stayed home with her. By 9:30 am the fever went away and her cough wasn't terrible. Since she did a lot of laying around, I did a thorough cleaning of Spirit's room and of Lady Bug's room. That felt pretty good. Lady Bug went to sleep at 7:30 last night and slept until almost 8:00 this morning when I woke her up. No fever today, but she appears to have lost her voice! My mother-in-law really wanted to keep her today, so she went to grandma's and I went to work! (boo hoo for me!)

That's the latest haps in my house!

5 comments:

stephanie said...

So where's a photo of the new hair?

2 Little Irish Boys said...

I want to see the hair! I love getting my hair done!!

Ruby Red Slippers said...

Pictures, please!!!
Tell me its not swine flu...:)

~Sandy said...

Just stopping by from SITS and wanted to say hello! I hope you are having a wonderful day! Now I'm off to read more:)
Hugs, Sandy

Aubrey said...

Pictures! Pictures! Pictures!

LOL

I'm still laughing about the birthday party! That is too funny!

Dang it! I didn't go in last night and missed seeing your hair!!!!