Thursday, May 29, 2008

Lasy Day of School

Today the boys have a half day and then are done for the summer. This brings many mixed emotions for both the boys and for me. I am ready for summer and ready for a little break from all that school brings -- i.e. parties, homework (and of course the fights we have to get them to do the homework), the bedtime battles, then there is the sports practices and games and events that go along with that. The last two weeks have been packed with year-end stuff, awards, parties, banquets, etc. I am ready to relax a little.

Then, there is the flip side of summer. They go stir crazy and drive me crazy. This year though too, we are closing a chapter in our lives. The boys will not be going back to school there again next year. They will start a whole new school with all new friends, teachers and problems! I am feeling a little sad about that chapter closing, but at the same time I know the next chapter brings much more excitement and growth!

Our new babysitter starts tomorrow - should be interesting. I hope the kids treat her well! She will be coming over tonight for dinner for a final tour of the house and review of the rules.
Welcome Summer, sunshine, pools, picnics and road trips - we love you!

1 comment:

"J" said...

It's been a L-O-N-G while since I've been over to your blog! I seen it and remembered how much I loved it! I'm back! I love all your cooking ideas! YUM-ERS! =) HA!

I hope yall have a GREAT summer! =)

Fun Times!!!!