When I first tried gazpacho I was convinced I wouldn't like it.... soup is supposed to be hot not served cold. Blahk! Much to my surprise I loved it! I couldn't get my husband to try it for the longest time though. Then we attended a wedding reception where they served gazpacho and he tried it. He loved it. So, every summer we make a big batch of this and it tastes so refreshing on a hot day.
Gazpacho
INGREDIENTS:
1 c tomatoes, finely chopped
1/2 c green bell pepper, finely chopped
1/2 c celery, finely chopped
1/2 c cucumber, finely chopped
1/4 onion, finely chopped
1 clove minced garlic
3 Tbls red wine vinegar
2 Tbls olive oil
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 c V-8 juice
1 c spicy V-8 juice
1 Tbls ground cumin
1 Tbls beef bouillon crystals
Mix all together and chill for at least 2 hours. Remove and let sit for 20-30 minutes before serving.
Can be served with tortilla chips or crackers or crusty french bread too. Some toppings can be sliced avocado, sour cream or cheese (or all three).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment