This morning I woke up at 5:00 to have my "me time" and as I am stumbling down the stairs (literally!) I bumped into Spirit. "NO WAY MISTER... get back to bed!" I usher him back to his room and lay with him for a few minutes. When I thought it was safe I got back up and headed downstairs, a little more gracefully this time, and I start my coffee. I hear the coffee maker doing some weird noises, but didn't think much of it. After about 10 minutes I go back to the coffee to pour my first cup of the morning and ... ya, there were coffee grounds inside the pot and it had overflowed out the TOP of the machine and was all over the counter. I thought I must have done it wrong, so I washed up the machine and started over. It did the same thing. Mr. Man looked at it when he got up and he said it was not fixable and to just throw it out! WHA??? No coffee this morning? Are you kidding? He told me I could drink some of the grounds if I needed to! Ha ha. Very funny. He just doesn't get it. I NEED me some coffee in the mornings to function! What is a girl to do? Starbucks...here I come! (Well, after I get the boys to school, Mr. Man off to work and I get a shower and get cleaned up!)
The morning went down hill from there. I was running late. I couldn't decide what to wear - even though I picked out clothes last night. They just didn't look right. Nothing did.
Then I was carrying in some cookies to Lady Bug's school so her class could celebrate her birthday and I dropped the container. UGH. I'm telling ya, it was the lack of caffeine! I ended up having to run to the store and get more.... I SO did not have time for that! {all for the love of my Lady Bug}
I get to work and there was stacks and stacks of stuff and every single thing had a note on it "Do ASAP!" Really?
**********************************************************
The good news:
Our get-a-way was awesome! We went into the mountains and yet it wasn't overly cold or snowy. It was windy, but we had sun! Our condo was gorgeous with a full kitchen so we ate dinner out on Thursday night and lunch out on Friday, but brought food for breakfast on Friday. Check out was noon, so we lounged in our jammies until 10:30 or so. It was NICE!!! No schedule. No pressures. No stress! We got back late afternoon Friday, picked up our kids and headed home! It was wonderful. Then Saturday, of course, was Lady Bug's birthday which was also fun times!
Monday, February 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





4 comments:
Yikes! What a Monday! I have had that same coffee pot thing happen. That is irritating!
I hope the rest of your day gets better.
YIKES! What a day!
Glad you had a great getaway-I did pray for you, and your neice watching the kids...
so glad you had a wonderful time. Of course coming home would lead to a morning like this! Bless your heart...
I hope it only gets better from here.
It must be the moon again. I've not been having the greatest days either.
Glad your getaway was enjoyable. Those are always so nice - no matter how short or long.
Post a Comment