When we were at my SIL's on Sunday, she became very angry. I mean REAL angry...hands waving in the air, fit throwing kind of angry!
Apparently, my SIL's 20 year old daughter's friend (did you follow all that? LOL!) posted a picture of my SIL on Facebook. My SIL said, "If I wanted my ugly mug posted all over Facebook, I'd get my own Facebook account! I think it should be illegal to post a picture of someone without their consent, even on MySpace or Facebook!"
She was so hot and all I could do was giggle. I understood her point and all, but she was so mad, and really, honestly, the picture wasn't bad of her at all! I'm sure she appreciated me laughing at her! Ya, not-so-much!
Pretty soon, Lady Bug grabbed my camera out of my purse (gotta carry it for all those blogging moments I might stumble across!) and she started snapping pictures of everyone. She got a nice big close-up of my SIL...well her nose and part of her chin anyway! So I started joking that I was going to put it all over the Internet --of course I wouldn't REALLY do that, but it was fun to see her react!
It got me thinking though, I hate pictures of me. All.Pictures.Of.Me!!! So if someone was posting my picture on the Internet then I might be a little upset too. In Fact, I posted some pictures of our summer vacation on my FB page and one of my sisters and my husband both emailed me begging me to remove a few of them. (Keep in mind our vacation included days camping along the Oregon coast in the cold, rainy weather and my husband spent lots of time on my BIL's boat....so ya, ummm, we all looked divine when I was snapping pictures of everyone! Whoops!)
So I guess it made me stop and think that I need to be very careful what picture I post or someone might just come back and post something really atrocious of me someday, somewhere!
Tuesday, February 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





8 comments:
hilarious... though i TOTALLY understand.
I totally understand. I HATE when my sisters and cousins post pictures of me on myspace without my approval. I might have wanted to Photoshop those pics first!!
You have my permission to post any and all pictures of me, lewd or otherwise, whenever you want...
I understand not wanting your picture posted online, especially if your name is attached.
One of my neighbors posted pictures from a neighborhood party on FB. Yeah-that would be my FAT butt in all of them! Litterally-it is my backside in every picture-and she TAGGED me in the pictures! I was not so happy, but oh well.
That's why I've never visited facebook. If someone has a picture of me, I don't want to know about it!
I still owe you for posting those pictures of me!!!
Love you - Your older sister
Eeek! I never thought about that before. THANKFULLY, I only allow very FEW pix of my mug. Very few...
Post a Comment