Having just celebrated an anniversary and thinking about the upcoming Valentine's day I thought I would share something Mr. Man and I started a little over a year ago.
Our Love Journal or Love Notebook.... not sure what we call it! I just took a small spiral notebook (which happened to have a maroon cover..kind of the color of love but still manly!). I was going to decorate it with some stickers or something, but was afraid that Mr. Man would refuse to write in it if it was too frilly!
Then, periodically, whenever we have something special to share with the other we write in the notebook and leave it somewhere (under a pillow, in a sock drawer, etc.) for the other to find. We date it and write down our thoughts.
For instance, I recently wrote to him and thanked him for our dinner out and told him how much I love him. I left it for him in the drawer where he keeps his wallet and keys at the end of the day. Then about a week or so later it showed up under my pillow with some sweet words from him about how much he loves me and needs me. {awww, he is so sweet!}
I enjoy getting it and enjoy writing down some personal thoughts that I might otherwise not say to him. I think he enjoys it too.
Monday, February 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





6 comments:
I love that! I will carry that on over here...that really is a wonderful idea-can you imagine 20 down the road? How special would that be?
we used to do this... I don't know why we stopped. Sad... You've inspired me, you romantic people, you!
That's so sweet. And romantic. I can't imagine my husband doing something like that (though of the two of us he's far more romantic than I am, I'm more practical).
What a lovely idea! Not sure if I could get my husband to do it, but I think I might try.
Such a great idea!
My hubby and I do something similar and believe it or not, HIS idea. Whenever we have one of our annual getaways, we take a journal with us and take turns writing about our days in it, from our perspective. I've gone through and read it from our very first trip years ago. It's so neat!
that is really sweet. Im gonna start doing that!
Post a Comment