Here is an idea for a simple, but unique baby gift idea for the mom in the hospital. I read on a blog a long time ago (I don't remember which one--sorry) that this woman takes a cake to a new mom in the hospital. She writes on the cake "Happy 0 Birthday!". At the time, I didn't know anyone having a baby so it didn't occur that I might ever use this idea.
My husband's niece just had a baby last week and since my husband had the day off from work (and I had to work) he decided to go visit her - I didn't have a gift ready for him to take so I told him to stop at the grocery store and buy a small cake. I told him to have the lady at the decorating counter write "Happy Birthday baby Prestyn". (I was telling a friend of mine about this and she said we should have done Happy Birth Day Prestyn THAT would have been so cute... I will remember that for next time!)
He took it to the hospital and everyone loved it and commented on what a good idea it was. I also told him to take her a roll of quarters because she had a c-section and I knew she and her husband might need money for the vending machines.
The reason this was a good gift idea is because this girl has a ton of family and friends and had lots of baby outfits, diapers, balloons, stuffed animals, etc. already in the hospital room and at home. So the cake was something everybody could nibble on in honor of the new baby and the quarters came in handy for the 4 day stay she had in the hospital!
Thanks to whomever gave me this idea! It was a great one! I will probably do this again!
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





10 comments:
That is a terrific idea. I will definitely store it away. I wish I'd had it 2 months ago - but I know there will be more babies in the future. Now I want somebody I know to have a baby!
That is a cute idea! I especially love the roll of quarters.
I love it and will be stealing the idea. What is a little thievery amongst bloggy friends though;)
What a great idea!
My favorite gift after having a baby was a cookie arrangement. Instead of flowers, we got a vase with decorated cookies. My husband ate most of them before we left...That is the one gift I remember that wasn't flowers, ballons, or clothes...
That is a cute idea!
I love the quarter idea!!
Birth Day is sooooooo cute. Im gonna borrow this idea as soon as I can.
Can you remind me again in April?
This is a great idea! I love the roll of quarters... which my aunt told me a cool idea once - if you have a girlfriend w/kids going on a airplane trip then it a cool idea to give her $15-$20 in $1 so that she can give people tips for helping her. It is a thoughtful gesture :)
That is a good idea!! I will have to remember that for next time as well!!
:)
~Tabitha~
freshmommyblog.com
I am also stealing this idea! :)
This is much more fun than the snack baskets I send--probably cheaper too!
Post a Comment