My boss heard back already today that he did not get the judgeship (he applied for 3 positions and only interviewed for one so far). This is good news for me.
Business has been a little slow however, so he cut my hours from 9:00 am - 5:00 pm Monday - Friday to a somewhat wonky schedule: I will now work M-W-F 9:00 am - 3:00 pm and Tu-Th 9:00 am - 5:00 pm. This means that I will be able to pick up my kids 3 out of the 5 days per week! This is exciting for all of us! My boss did indicate that the hour change may be temporary and when business picks back up he will resume my regular schedule again.
This cut in hours doesn't affect my take home pay, necessarily, because I will be saving money from not having to pay for after-school care. It basically will be a wash in the end. IF he ends up and needs to cut more of my hours then I might need to get worried, but so far so good.
Tuesday, August 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
I guess I should feel bad that he didn't get the job he wanted, but I am more glad that you didn't lose yours! Love you!
Sounds like a great deal, Nikke! Yay!
Enjoy the extra time in the afternoons with your kids!!!
Post a Comment