I saw this on a friend's Facebook page and thought it might be kind of fun to post on my blog.
About My Marriage
1. When was your "engagement" anniversary?
January 2000. I remember when he proposed and how when we selected the wedding date it gave me 18 days to plan the ceremony!
2. When is your "marriage" anniversary?
January 29, 2000
3. How long have you known your spouse?
We always argue about this, he says it has been 13 years (and unfortunately for me he has proof that it is 13, I always want to say 14 or 15 years)
4. How long did you date before you were engaged?
About 3 years
5. Where did you meet your spouse for the first time?
At a friend's house. I had gone to her house to pick her up to go to a BBQ (which happened to be at my now Mother-in-law's house) and Mr. Man was at this friend's house helping her with her deck (he was in construction at the time). Mr. Man ended up going to the BBQ also, but we didn't all ride together. He had originally said he wasn't going, but when my friend and I pulled up to the BBQ his truck was there.
6. Do you have any children?
Yes.
7. How many?
We have 3 children - 2 boys and 1 girl. In addition to these 3 wonderful children we have an angel in heaven - in 2003 we delivered a still born baby boy also.
8. Do you have any house pets?
Currently we just have a few fish and frogs. Our dog ran away a few weeks ago and the beta fish died this past weekend, but we have a tank of about 6 or 8 fish and 2 frogs.
9. How many places have you lived?
We have only lived in one state, but in our 10 year marriage we have lived in 6 houses in 4 different cities!
10. Do you live in the country or city?
City
11. What is one of your favorite activities together?
Taking walks.
12. Do you have a favorite vacation spot?
We love the mountains.
13. How many siblings (including in-laws) do you have?
I have 3 sisters and 2 brothers, Mr. Man has 4 sisters.
14. Do you attend church?
Yes.
15. Is this the church you were married in?
Not sure how to answer this one - we occasionally attend the church we were married in. We were married in my father-in-law's church (where he preaches), but we don't attend there regularly.
16. Do you work or stay at home?
I work but have a nice schedule so I am able to be with the kids more than some working moms I know which I am very grateful for!
17. Where did you go on your honeymoon?
Estes Park, Colorado
18.Who drives when you go out together?
Mr. Man does
19. How long did you know each other before you started dating?
After the BBQ I had seen him a few times with mutual friends but these weren't "dates" and so I guess we knew each other a month or so before dating.
20. Who asked who out?
He asked me out
21. How many years apart are you?
He is 13 years older than me
22.Whose siblings do you see the most?
Mr. Man's
23. Which situation is the hardest on you as a couple?
Probably dealing with finances. We see things so totally different and sometimes it is hard to come to an agreement on where we should spend money or what the financial priorities are.
24. Did you go to the same school?
No.
25. Are you from the same home town?
Yes.
26. Who is smarter?
Well, dah.... ME of course! I am kidding. He is a whiz when it comes to math and I am NOT! I am very good with spelling, grammar and writing. When it comes to helping the kids with homework, I take the literacy/writing part and he always is given the math and science stuff! I will often go to him for answers about things, because I think he is a very smart man!
27. Who is more sensitive?
Oh geez, this is a hard one. He has a very tender heart, but I am the dork who cries at McDonald's commercials so I don't know who is more sensitive - might be a toss up!
28.Where do you eat out most as a couple?
When it is just the two of us we will try someplace new or go somewhere we know the kids hate.
29. Where is the furthest you two have traveled together as a couple?
Washington, DC
30.Who has the craziest exes?
Mr. Man with out a doubt!
31. Who has the worse temper?
We both have a temper!
32. Who does the cooking?
I do most of the cooking but he can cook some yummy pork tenderloin sandwiches and he also makes the BEST salsa I have ever had!
33. Who is more social?
He is by far. There have been plenty of MY office holiday parties that I am sitting at a table perfectly content to people-watch while he is off chatting with everyone!
34. Who is the neat-freak?
We both are.
35. Who is the more stubborn?
We both have a little stubborn streak but I would say his is definitely more than mine!
36. Who hogs the bed?
Definitely him! Sometimes I will wake him up to scoot over because he is not only laying diagonally, but he is also in the middle of the bed crowding me out.
37. Who wakes up earlier?
I do. I am a morning person and he is definitely NOT!
38. Where was your first date?
We went to park to walk around and then out to dinner.
39.Who has the bigger family?
He does. In our wedding photos when they took a picture of us with his side of the family the photographer had to pull so far back to get everyone in - and that side has grown a lot more in 10 years!
40. Do you get flowers often?
Actually I do!
41. How do you spend the holidays?
Together as a family and often meeting up with all or parts of his family.
42. Who is more jealous?
Probably me- as much as I hate to admit that.
43. How long did it take to get serious?
Looking back I think I had fallen in love with Mr. Man immediately but didn't recognize the feelings right away. I had never felt the way I felt when I was with him with anyone before. We took it slow for awhile though - we dated for 3 years before he proposed so that says something!
44. Who eats more?
I could out-eat him anyday, but I don't! I am trying to lose some weight so I let him eat ALL he wants!
45. Who does the laundry?
I do most of the laundry, but he helps out when I need him to.
46. Who is better on the computer?
We both know the way around a computer
47. What is something special he does for you that you really appreciate?
He is always supportive of whatever crazy idea I may have - no matter WHAT the crazy thing involves! He is always supportive.
48. Do you do something special for him in return?
He needs more sleep than me so when I know he is worn down I allow him to sleep in or take naps or whatever he needs.
49. How old were you when you got married?
I was 26 and he was 39.
50. What is one piece of advice you could give to other couples:
Don't let things bottle up inside. When something is bothering you, hurting you, frustrating you...whatever it is talk about it as soon as possible. Don't talk about something when you are angry though, wait until you have taken a few deep breaths then approach your spouse in a calm voice. When you let things build up then a little thing can cause you to explode and the problem is bigger than it needs to be.
Monday, August 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
I love this! I learned things about you I didn't know before. :)
love this and SO interesting! I am stealing it- but for my facebook...
I loved reading this...may I copy?
(I already did-)
;)
Post a Comment