Tuesday, June 2, 2009

What time of year is it?

OR maybe the title should be "Where on earth do I live?"

Where I live we don't get tons of rain. June usually bring some afternoon showers, but no monsoons or anything. But lately we just keep getting rain and rain and more rain. I am over it. Seriously, over IT!

Anyway, I have been a busy little beaver, preparing the teacher gifts for the end of school, making a banner for our back fence, making t-shirts for the boys to wear the last day of school for their friends to sign.

I also have scheduled a meeting to meet with the principal tomorrow morning to discuss an event next school year that I am coordinating. Ever heard of Coffee & Kleenex? The school Spirit went to for kindergarten had this event for all parents (but it is definitely geared more towards the kindergarten parents) and I appreciated it so much! You drop your child off in their classroom. You leave and go get a cup of coffee and a muffin. Shed some tears of "My baby is growing up!" and commiserate with other teary parents. Then you go back and peek in on your child! It all works out great! This new school we are going to doesn't do that sort of thing and happened to talk to one of the kindergarten teachers about it and she said she wished the school would do something like that. I volunteered! I hope I don't regret it! I have already filled out an application for Costco to see if I can get free or discounted muffins, the girl at the counter said they get lots of applications for that and it is first come first serve so it is best to get in early.

Our summer is going to be so packed for the kids that I have a huge calendar to keep track of all the places they get to go and on which days! Unfortunately, I still have to work and so does my husband so just the kids have a packed summer and we will hardly see the sunlight (just kidding, work schedule isn't quite that bad!) The kids are almost out of school, just one more week. They get out next Tuesday at 10:30 am!

Oh, and just a random side note, my stupid van broke down, again, this morning. I pulled up to Lady Bug's school and when I came back out it wouldn't start! Mr. Man came to get me and I just left the van sitting there. I tried kicking it a few times, but that didn't help! It is pouring rain and the stupid van dies. IRGH. I hate vehicle troubles!

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

Sounds like your summer is like ours - BUSY!

I like the Coffee & Kleenex idea. I sure needed that when my daughter went to school - I was 8 months pregnant and my baby was starting school - I was surely hormonal that day!

Sorry the van died - maybe you didn't kick it hard enough?

Lianne said...

I ADORE the coffee and kleenex idea. I am totally stealing it. :)

Ruby Red Slippers said...

I love the coffe and klenex idea!!1I maybe asking my school about that one!
I am so sorry your van broke down-give it another kick for me!!!

Carrie said...

Poo-poo van! I hate dealing with vehicle stuff. Why can't they just run like they're supposed to??