~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The school had a really cool summer reading program that the kids could sign up for, it wasn't mandatory and the parents had to sign an agreement accepting these books and workbooks. We agreed to participate so each boy got two large books and two workbooks to go with each book. The program encourages the kids to read part of the book and then do the workbook that follows up the stories. It is a cool workbook, it has some spelling words taken from the story, some reading comprehension questions, then some grammar questions ("Are these words using short vowels or long vowels?", "Are these sentences punctuated correctly?", etc.), then it also has some writing pages ("Write a letter to someone telling them about the story you just read.") The boys are so excited!This is their first full day out of school and they are home working in their workbooks. Think they will still be interested in it in a few weeks? Time will tell!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We are still down to one car. My van still isn't working. Yesterday we had a little scare...Mr. Man's Jeep decided not to start. He had come to have lunch with me, when we go to leave the restaurant, it won't start. It won't make any noise like it is even thinking about starting. So we get someone to jump us. The battery won't hold a charge. So the guy took Mr. Man to the auto parts store to get a new battery. Thankfully the new battery was all the Jeep needed (at $100....I had no idea car batteries were so expensive!).~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I live very far from my family. Today is one of those days I wish I was closer. One of my sisters is being forced to make a decision that will impact her family greatly and she is torn on what to do. I can't make the decision for her, but boy do I wish I could be there to hold her hand while she makes the decision.This was such a boring post. If you made this far you deserve chocolate!





4 comments:
oh, yea for me, I get chocolate! But I promise that's not the only reason I read your blog!
I always participated in summer reading programs. my school didnt offer any, so I would sign up at the library. I loved it because my mom would take me to the library at least once a week (it would have been every day if I had my way). I hope the boys keep with it!
best wishes for your sis.
I remember back in the day playing school! Fun times!
I'm SO glad it was only the battery. I was holding my breath for you!!
You know I will be thinking of your sister. I wish you were closer for her during this time too! *hugs*
Hey! That wasn't boring...but anytime chocolate is offered, I am all for it!
My kids love to play school-too cute!
Post a Comment