Today I am posting more than one recipe:
Easy Spaghetti sauce:
INGREDIENTS:
1 lb hamburger
diced onion to taste
1 (15 oz) can tomato sauce
1 (12 oz) can tomato paste
1 can tomato soup
2-3 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tbls Italian seasoning
1 Tbls oregano
1 tsp basil
1 (4 oz) can mushroom stems and pieces
1/2 c water
Brown hamburger with onion and seasoning. Drain. Mix remainder ingredients together with meat in slow cooker. Cook on low 4-5 hours.
Serve the spaghetti with a nice Caesar salad (I don't like anchovies or anchovy paste so I omitted them and I also do not use egg in mine. Here is the recipe I use:
INGREDIENTS:
1 clove minced garlic
1/3 c olive oil
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp dry mustard
ground pepper to taste
1 head of Romaine lettuce
Juice from 1 lemon
1/3 c grated Parmesan cheese
In a large bowl, mix together garlic, oil, Worcestershire sauce, salt, dry mustard and ground pepper. Tear in lettuce. Toss. Squeeze in lemon juice. Toss. Add cheese. Serve right away.
Spiced Apples are also a good side dish for spaghetti. This recipe is microwavable and very tasty!
INGREDIENTS:
8 granny smith apples
2 Tbls sugar
1 tsp lemon juice
1/4 c cinnamon red hot candies
Peel, core and slice apples. Place all ingredients in a microwave-safe dish. Microwave on high for 15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes. Cover with plastic wrap and let cool or serve warm.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
Yum! Sounds good. I've never made my own ceasar dressing before...maybe I'll give it a try this week!
YUM!!!!! I love when you post about food!!! =)
Post a Comment