Friday, January 25, 2008

Teriyaki Beef Bowl

I just tried this recipe a few days ago. It isn't real low-cal, but it also isn't real high in calories and is pretty tasty. Mr. Man isn't a fan of teriyaki, but he was pleasantly surprised by it. The kids loved it!

Teriyaki Beef Bowl:

INGREDIENTS:
1 lb linguine, uncooked
4 c broccoli florets
1/2 lb of baby carrots, cut in half or can leave whole too
1 1/2 lbs beef sirloin steak, cut into strips
1/3 c Kraft Light Asian Toasted Sesame Dressing
2 Tbls teriyaki sauce

Cook pasta in large saucepan as directed on package, adding vegetables to the boiling water for the last 2 min. of cooking time.

Meanwhile, cook meat over medium heat; cook until browned on all sides, stirring occasionally. Stir in dressing and teriyaki sauce; cook 2 min. or until sauce is thickened, stirring occasionally.

Drain pasta mixture; place in large serving bowl. Add meat mixture; toss to coat.

**The recipe I use says you can increase the teriyaki sauce to as much as 1/4 c if desired.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Do you use fresh veggies or frozen ones?

Annikke said...

I use fresh... frozen would probably work just fine too though!

Susan said...

Mmmm sounds good!

Beth Cotell said...

I think my kids might actually eat their vegetables if I served this to them.

I may have to give this one a try!