Now, just because I am on a diet does not mean I have to post a diet-y recipe.... does it? I don't have any so I sure hope not! LOL
Actually, I didn't get this one from a diet book or anything but I enjoy making this and the chicken is quite tasty.
I serve this with steamed rice and a veggie of some sort (usually something green to add color to the plate -- I am wierd that way) This is one I can safely eat on my diet (I think) and my family enjoys it too!
Lemon Lime Chicken Breasts:
INGREDIENTS:
1/2 c lemon juice
1/2 c lime juice
2 Tbls extra virgin olive oil
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into bite size pieces
Italian seasoning to taste
Seasoning salt to taste
In a large ziplock bag, mix together the lemon juice, lime juice, and oil. Place chicken pieces in the mixture, seal bag and let marinate for at least 45 minutes to an 1 hour in the refrigerator.
Preheat the oven broiler. Line a cookie sheet with foil and arrange chicken pieces on sheet. Season chicken with Italian seasoning and seasoning salt. Transfer remaining marinade to a saucepan, and bring to a boil. Broil chicken 10 minutes in the preheated oven, basting frequently with the boiled marinade. Turn chicken, season again with Italian seasoning and seasoning salt, and continue broiling and basting 10 minutes, or until well browned and juices run clear.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Mmmm! This sounds delicious! My mouth is watering now!
I bet it would be great on a salad, too, sauce and all...
Sounds good, and healthy to boot! I'm in!
That sounds great, I might just have to try it!
Hannah
This sounds delicious and perfect for the low carb diet I just started!
Post a Comment