Monday, January 7, 2008

What a weekend we had!

It all started Friday when I got off work. I rushed out of the office so I could get home and shower. While I was showering Mr. Man went off to pick up the babysitter. After I got out of the shower I got on the phone and ordered pizza for the kids. Then rushed around and got my hair done and makeup on. Then the pizza came and I paid for it. As soon as Mr. Man got back we explained some rules to the babysitter and left our numbers, where we would be, etc. Then we dashed off to Mr. Man's company party (they always do the company holiday party in January which is so cool I think). We took the light rail transit system downtown to the party. The party was from 7 pm to 11 pm and they had a raffle every hour on the hour for lots of really cool prizes (you had to present to win) -- we finally won a prize at the final drawing of the evening.... we won this, which also came with this and this! I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO incredibly excited!!! You all know how badly I wanted a new camera for Christmas so even though it was Mr. Man's holiday party and technically it was his raffle ticket that won he has graciously given me the camera. I said he could use it too, but in reality he never thinks to take pictures so it is usually me who takes all the pictures anyway!

Oh, I sort of got off the subject.... I was so excited to tell you about my new camera I forgot about the rest of the weekend!

Ok, so after we won we headed out to catch the light rail home.... missed it. The next one was 30 minutes. So we called the sitter and told her we would be late. Waited in the cold for the next train and finally got home at 12:35 am!!!! Fortunately for us, the sitter's mom is a friend of ours and she happened to be in our area (long story.... the shortest version is she is working part time for her old boss and so she goes in nights and weekends to do work for him) so she came over to pick up her daughter and she wasn't even mad that we were late! phew! We always pay her daughter pretty well so I hope that helps! LOL

Then Saturday morning, Mr. Man had to work (hee hee) then he did his usual breakfast with a couple of his buddies. When he got home he immediately left again with the boys to go to Home Depot for a kids workshop. When they all got back we went to the store and picked up some essentials to deliver to a family that we found out was in desperate need of some food. Then it was off to deliver that to the family. After we did that, we headed home for some lunch. While Lady Bug and Mr. Man napped the boys and I went to the grocery store for this weeks meals. Saturday evening we all bundled up in layers and went to the zoo for Zoo Lights since this was the last weekend for it.

Sunday, we got up a little later than normal. I made waffles and then we went to church. After church we went to lunch with a group of people (21 of us total!!). We got home about 3 and Lady Bug laid down for a nap so the boys and I went for a bike ride for about 45 minutes. Then I made Ham and scalloped potatoes for dinner. Mr. Man got called to work so he left about 7:30 pm and the kids and I watched a movie. Then I put them to bed and crashed myself!

It was a good weekend, just busy!

1 comment:

Steph said...

Sounds like you guys had a great weekend! Awesome winnings!