Thursday, January 24, 2008

Long time friend

I took off work a little early yesterday to go pick up a friend from the airport. "K" and I have known each other since I was 4 and she was 5. We grew up in the same neighborhood and have remained friends even though we have gone separate ways in our lives.

"K" moved to Cleveland, Ohio in 1996 or so. Then she moved from there to San Antonio, Texas in 2002 (or so) because she had a job offer. The company she works for just recently re-located her to Austin and she loves it!

Her plane was 25 minutes late.... no biggie. I circled the airport for 30 minutes until she said she just picked up her bags and was heading to where I was going to meet her. I loaded her up and we headed to her sister's house. It was so good to see them both! I haven't seen "K" in 2 or 3 years, I do get to see her sister 2 or 3 times a year.

"K" brought some goodies, late Christmas presents and then some stuff from Mary Kay (she sells Mary Kay), so we went through the stuff and played like little girls, trying things on and laughing. It was fun!

Then we called another friend and we all went to Chili's for dinner. (Mannnnnnnn, were those Texas Cheese Fries YUMMMYYY!!!) After that, we went back to "K"'s sister's house for some chocolate chip chocolate cake! We laughed and talked about silly stuff until I had to head back home.

Tomorrow is "K"'s 36th birthday so a bunch of us are going to the melting pot for dinner. Mr. Man was invited, but declined, saying "it's just gonna be a bunch of silly girl talk!".... and it probably will be.

I am thankful to have these women in my lives. They know everything about me and still love me!!!

1 comment:

Steph said...

MMMM, the Melting Pot! Read and I have only been there once but it was YUMMMERS!!!