Me: Are these clothes clean or dirty?
Spirit: Yes.
Me: NO, I asked if these clothes clean? or dirty?
Spirit: Yes.
Me: Listen to my question. Are these clean or are they dirty?
Spirit: YES! I said.
Me: So they are dirty?
Spirit: No.
Me: So they are clean?
Spirit: No.
Me: Ugh. What should I do with these clothes?
Spirit: Put them away. They are clean.
*************************************
Me: Could you please go brush your teeth before school?
Spirit: I did.
Me: Oh. I didn't know that. Ok.
After getting a little closer and getting a whiff....
Me: When did you brush your teeth?
Spirit: Last night.
*************************************
Me: Let's get our coats on. It's time for school.
Spirit: I don't know where my coat is.
Me: Then you aren't looking very hard beca....... (interrupted by Spirit)
Spirit: I've looked e.v.e.r.y.w.h.e.r.e.
Me: Well, you haven't looked hard enough because it is.... (interrupted again by Spirit)
Spirit: Yesssssssssssss, I have looked hard enough.
Me: No, you didn't. The coat is right on the couch.
Spirit: I looked there and it wasn't there.
Me: It is there and it has been there this whole time. Go get it.
Spirit: Why did you put it on the couch?
Me: Me? I didn't put it on the couch. You did last night.
Spirit: Welllll....
I interrupt him this time and just tell him to get in the car thinking to myself that we are arguing like a couple of 3 year olds......
Sheesh.... was he in a mood or what???
Thursday, January 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Don't you hate it when what would be a simple conversation turns into a hair-pulling experience?
Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.
I'm sorry...I think a couple of my kids got mixed up with your's!
Post a Comment