Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Lefty's school project

Lefty (5 years old) had a school project to draw a map of his room. The instructions were for the kindergartners to do all the work themselves, with very little supervision from parents. He was to use a ruler and draw a map of his room. Here is what he did. The finished version was colored in, but I scanned this in before he colored it. The handwriting is mine, made on a copy and also not on his finished version. The picture isn't very clear, so I hope you can at least somwhat see the detail on the drawer handles, the blinds, the book shelves (some of his books are really laying down flat, just like he drew in the picture!)

He always amazes me with his drawing talents! I wonder where this will lead as he gets older???


3 comments:

Kellan said...

WOW - 5 years old? I think he's going to be an architect or engineer or an amazing artist - that is amazing!!

I'm Kellan, BTW - very nice to meet you - hope to see you soon.

Beth Cotell said...

Wow!!!!!! That is awesome for a five year old...Heck! That's awesome for a 10 year old!

jennwa said...

That is incredible. He did a great job. He did better than what I would be able to draw. Am I am not kidding.