I have some strong beliefs on certain things. I try to be open minded too though and I also do not force my beliefs and opinions on others. I have mine and my friends know where I stand on things, but I am not offended by some elses thinking and opinions (most of the time!)
Having said that.... I will stand up for my beliefs and my convictions when needed. I just read an article online about a Baptist Church group that will be picketing Heath Ledger's memorial service. This same group, according to this article, is known for picketing the funeral of American soldiers. I am so disgusted and outraged.
These people (soldiers and now Heath Ledger) that this church is picketing are gone from this life. Let the family and friends of those people grieve without your arrogant, brash comments hovering over them. I have lost a loved one very dear to me and do not appreciate this kind of thing happening in our world. Whether you agree with how that person lived or not, mind your own business during this time of grief. That person is no longer here to go against your beliefs so keep your comments to yourself.
UGH!!!
Maybe I am being opinionated now but so be it! :o)
Thursday, January 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Brava! It irks me to no end that these people are rude and inconsiderate enough to impose on such a solemn and personal event.
Let's go picket THEM. This gets under my skin too...I can't even begin to understand what these f*ing idiots are thinking!!!
Post a Comment