Thursday, January 31, 2008

At least he was honest. . .

When I got home from work last night Mr. Man said to Spirit "Tell mom about your day" and Spirit looked at me for a few seconds and then said "Well, this evening I've been good."

Turns out he was "wild" at school and had to be talked to several times by his teacher. His teacher absolutely adores him and we adore her, BUT sometimes she will tell us about things he does at school and she excuses them by saying "He's just a boy! He's fine!"

I know he is a boy and does boy things, but I still want him to be respective and obedient when we aren't around. Whether that be school, church, guitar lessons, whatever!!

So, I asked Spirit what he had done and he hung his head and proceeded to tell me about how he was wrestling during story time, pulling on another boys hooded sweatshirt, he threw some girl's shoe across the room ..... so we had a talk to him. I told him I appreciated his honesty, but I really wanted him/ expect him to be better behaved than that at school.

(I must admit that when he said "well, this evening I've been good." I had a hard time not laughing!!!)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL! I laughed as soon as I read that line, too!

Beth Cotell said...

I find it interesting that the teacher would excuse his behavior by saying "he's just a boy".

His line about it being a good evening made me chuckle!