Wednesday, January 6, 2010

New Year, new me??

Eh, not so much.

I am not dieting. I am not exercising any more than I did in 2009. I am not trying to be more organized or any of that. But, one thing I started that is new to me this year is along with my regular journaling, I am trying to keep a "Family Memory Book" also for 2010. I want to document all the things we do as a family and then put it together in a binder or a book at the end of the year. I was inspired by this article and decided I could easily do that. I made up some pages on the computer and stuck them in my 3-ring binder I use for my journal. I printed off calendar pages that I can jot down our events. Then I also made a "Daily Happenings" page and there I can put in the date of the important events and mark down what we did, who was there with us, etc. Then I also did a Summary page and at the end of the month I will go in and sum up/ highlight what happened each month and my feelings about how the month came together.

I am hoping that if I can do this for several years that we will enjoy reading these over the years. I think it might be interesting to look back and see what we did, who was there, how often we may have gone to a special place, etc.

2 comments:

Ruby Red Slippers said...

That is a good idea-I kept journals on all my kids as they were little. Now the blog is that for me. I love it!

Misty said...

this is such a great idea!