So I find myself sitting here wanting to write about something and I really have nothing I can share. Sure, I have some stories swirling in my head, but none are blog-worthy.
I can't believe it is December One! WOW! Time flies I guess, whether you want it to or not! I started working on Christmas cards and decided to do a Christmas letter, which I haven't done in a while. Now to be sure to get them addressed and mailed off in time!
The kids are anxious for winter break and all the good that comes along with that (like opening presents!) so they have 2 weeks of school before the break and they are counting down the days.
I have said it before, but Lefty is a very good gift-giver. He apparently has been listening to what his brother and sister wanted for Christmas and so last Friday he asked me to take him shopping, even though I didn't feel great I did take him to one store. He knew exactly what he was getting so we were in and out fairly quickly. He did a great job picking stuff out and also spent wisely! Spirit, on the other hand, hasn't mentioned shopping for anyone except himself. *sigh* We are working on that. As I typed that I realized he has mentioned MY gift... he knows what he wants to make me for Christmas! We started working on our handmade gifts too and they are coming out nicely.
Spirit has a choir concert next week that he is quite nervous about. He gives a concert to the school during school hours and then again for parents that night. He said he is afraid because of all the "millions of people" that will be there. I don't think it will be that many so he should be better off than he is expecting!
Ok, so this may not be blog-worthy and my sister will probably kill me, but I have laughed all day about this. I was talking to my sis on the phone last night and she says "Oh, hold on, I need to order my Starbucks" as I am listening I hear "Welcome to Starbucks. What can we make for you today?" and my sister says "HI! this is Stephanie" and the woman through the speaker says "Hi Stephanie, see you at the window!" -- Are you kidding me? Can you say ADDICT? I am still laughing. SO funny and SO my sister!
Hope you having a great day and a great week! Happy December!
Wednesday, December 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Listen here lady! If I go to Starbucks every damn day, that's my business! LOL! BTW, pays to be a regular :)
that is the funniest thing! When we were in NM visiting my mom, she had us run through the McDonald's drive through for her. She lives in a super small town, only about 3,000. And most of them are hispanic. So I drive through, get her french fries and we drive about 5 min. away and Gen says "can I get a happy meal?" grrr. So I turn around, order a happy meal and pull up to the window. The (white) girl says "I knew it was you again! Enjoying your visit?" and proceeds to chat me away... NEVER met the girl. It was so weird...
on another note though, I am envious of your sister!
Post a Comment