Monday, December 13, 2010

Our weekend in review

Saturday we went to a Candy Cane festival at a local candy factory. We had so much fun. They had hay rides, train rides, games, caroling, food and of course after the factory tour you got to shop in the candy store! We won tons of candy canes at the games and we shopped for more candy after that. This place makes Mitchell Sweets..... a homemade melt-in-your-mouth marshmallow wrapped in caramel. MMM MMMMM MMMMM goooood! I only bought one... I should've bought ten! (My butt wouldn't appreciate that I suppose!)

After that we went home and worked on Christmas present wrapping. Then I headed out to the grocery store and some present shopping.

Spirit made them dinner since Mr. Man and I weren't hungry. He decided on chicken noodle soup (from a can) and peaches (from a can). Had I not been there he wouldn't have added the water to the soup and would've tried to microwave it in the can, but other than that he did it by himself. While he "made" dinner, Lady Bug made pink lemonade for them to drink.

After that we popped popcorn and watched some Christmas movies.Good times, good memory-making!

Sunday the kids went to an ornament exchange party after church and they also got to make gingerbread houses. They had SO much fun doing this! Lady Bug got a broken ornament and was disappointed, but handled it well. She didn't make a big stink, she just smiled and set it down. I could tell she was disappointed though. One of the mom's there gave her an ornament, she said she had an extra one so she let Lady Bug have it.

Over all a good weekend! I love our family time together!

1 comment:

Misty said...

How fun is that??? you CO people get everything good... ;)