Monday, June 28, 2010

Phew .... life is busy!

Summer time is always busy in our house. Let me tell you about our wonderful weekend!

Saturday morning I got up at 6:00 am. (this is a love story people!) I got up at 6:00 am to make breakfast for my husband and a couple of his friends. These guys get together on Saturday mornings about once per month, usually they go out, but everyone is watching their pennies right now so I offered to make breakfast for them. I made banana crepes, hashbrowns, veggie frittata, sausage, bacon and juice. They showed up at 7:30, and I set them up in our sunroom while the kids and I ate in our kitchen nook. The guys closed the french doors so they could talk without us listening in. It was such a great morning! I really enjoyed myself (ya'll know that deep down I wish I owned a B&B, so that was SO much fun for me!)

Then at 10:00 am we headed to a water park for some friends of ours kids birthday. We stayed there until 1:30 or 2. Came home and napped... we were all beat!

We watched movies that night and just hung out together at home.

Sunday I had some work to do for an attorney that I do contract work for, but I took a break and we went to Dairy Queen for a little treat. It is fun to work at home at my own pace!

This week Mr. Man has the week off. A friend of ours was struggling to find child care for her 10 and 7 year old so Mr. Man offered to keep them. Today he took them to the movies and then gave them each a dollar to go to the Dollar Store - he challenged them to see who could be the most creative with their $1! The kids had a blast! (Not sure how he'll top that tomorrow!)

Thursday night we have baseball tickets and the Friday I think we might go out of town for our long weekend!

When I look at the calendar for the next 3 weeks there is something every day / night -- mostly for the kids. They are SO busy! Since they can't drive themselves I get to drive them all over, sipping my Starbucks.

I just got an email from the school -- I found it funny. It had a count down clock to the First day of school. There are still 35 days left in summer break!

2 comments:

Anne said...

WOW! They really stay on your case about how soon school starts again! Seems like that makes it feel like a short summer, instead of a long summer. :( Is that counting weekends, too, or just 5 days a week?

Misty said...

only 35 days????