Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Momma had a meltdown

With the stresses I have been under lately starting with me being sick and falling behind at work and with household stuff too, then with the boys getting sick causing me to miss more work and fall further behind both at home and work, then with the stress of possible layoffs at Mr. Man's job my mind and body had finally had enough last night.

First thing, I was told by all the teachers (all three of them) that we needed to replenish some supplies (kleenex, disinfectant wipes, pencils, glue... just to name a few). So I stopped in Target by office on my way to work and spent $50.00. FIFTY DOLLARS on supplies.

Then get to work and all that work I did Saturday...down the tubes. My boss tore it all apart. Why? Don't know and not sure he knows either. After putting all those notebooks back together, I worked hard trying to dig out of all the stacks and stacks on my desk at work and all the unanswered emails and phone calls. I got out of the office a tad bit late, to jump into traffic that isn't moving because apparently no one knows how to drive in the rain. As a result end up getting to Lady Bug's school with about 30 seconds to spare before I get charged that high priced late fee. I bumped into a chatty teacher who kept us there for 15 minutes talking. I was very polite, but I kept saying "well, we better let you get home. It's late." Her response? "It's ok. I don't have anyone to go home to tonight." Hmmmmm, well WE DO! I, of course did not say that! So I get home to pass Mr. Man as he heads out to a meeting and I fix dinner. The kids were all in rare form. Arguing with each other over every.little.thing. Lady Bug was whinier than usual. After dinner I head upstairs to change clothes and there is liquid antibacterial soap all over the bathroom counter. Come to find out that Spirit accidentally dropped our cute little lion soap dispenser and it broke (although he didn't know it broke at the time). As I am attempting to clean up the mess, the soap is going everywhere. It got on my new shirt, it got on my cell phone (don't ask why I insisted the cell phone be with me anyway, but it just was!), it dribbled on the floor. It was a disasterous mess! As I head down to throw the towels and rags in the washing machine I noticed the washer is leaking. NICE.

I sat down and cried. My poor kids just stared at me. Lefty finally leans over to Spirit and whispers "I know why she is crying. It's just because she does this all the time. I think it is a girl thing or something."

A-hem. I do NOT do THIS all the time..... well ok. Maybe more often than I'd like to admit! Certainly not ALL THE TIME, however!

It sure felt good to cry though. I slept really well and woke up fully refreshed and ready to start the day over again! Sometimes all I need is a good hearty cry (sometimes...not all the time as some would like to have you believe!)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my Baby! I wish I were there to help you! Mom/Grandma Bobbie

Kelly said...

ooohhh no!!! I'm so sorry! As I was reading through your day, I could totally sympathize with the hecticness of your life! There's nothing worse than being completely run down with about 5,000 things to do, and all of those things have to get done before you can rest! I hope that you will find time for rest, peace, and enjoyment of your family. On a different note, your children's response to your meltdown is priceless! lol, sometimes they seem to be not so receptive to the big picture :D

Beth Cotell said...

If the kids are allowed meltdowns then moms are too! I hope today was better for you.

Miss Mustard Seed said...

Oh, man. Sorry to hear about everything piling up on you. Thanks for sharing it with all of us. I can definitely relate to having a down town and needing to have a good cry about it. Hope better things are around the corner for you.

Stephanie said...

I am so sorry. I love you and wish we lived closer. I could have at least made dinner and taken the kids.

Love you!

Tiffany said...

I've told another friend this week that sometimes we just need a good cry. Hopefully you felt better when it was all over.

And our kids need to see our vulnerable side, too - that way they don't miscontrue the Superwoman theories floating around!

Hope your day(s) get better!

Shell in your Pocket said...

A good cry is a good thing!

I always feel refreshed!

sandy toe

Ruby Red Slippers said...

:(
I am so sorry you've had a bad few days-I promise, I have been there!
I was crying on Saturday!
I felt better after the cry, though...
Here's hoping tomorrow is better, brighter...

Brittany at Mommy Words said...

I am so sorry you had a bad day! I am totally with you. Last week I broke down when my dinner didn't turn out after a really terrible day and my hubby looked at me like I was crazy. My 3 year old asked what she could do to make me happy and I couldn't even think of anything! I hope you can find time for a little break! Thanks for stopping by my blog - if it makes you feel better I am now following!

Anne said...

What an awful day! How can so many things go wrong all at once? I'm glad you are feeling better after your meltdown, though. The boys reaction had to have helped a little?? Sending Hugs

2 Little Irish Boys said...

Bless your heart! Crying does seem to be healing though doesn't it!!