I tried this recipe about 2 weeks ago. Mr. Man, who doesn't care for orange chicken at restaurants, said this was the best he's ever had and has requested it again!
I tried this recipe from here. Click on over to see their pictures and recipe. I am also posting the recipe here to with some of my notes.
Orange Chicken
From Sisters Stuff
INGREDIENTS:
12 Chicken tenders (**Note: I used 2 small chicken breasts and cut them into bite size pieces)
3 eggs, beaten
½ c corn starch
½ c flour
dash of garlic salt
Oil
¼ c chicken broth
½ c vinegar
¾ c sugar
1 Tbls soy sauce
4 Tbls ketchup
Mix together corn starch, flour and garlic salt in a pie dish. Dip the chicken pieces in egg and then in corn starch mixture. I put the chicken in the fridge to chill, and rest, for 15 minutes after I coated each one. Then I put them in hot oil to fry. Fry chicken in the oil until crisp about 5-6 minutes. Put fried chicken pieces in a baking dish.
Boil broth, vinegar, soy sauce and ketchup. Pour sauce over chicken, making sure each piece is covered. Bake at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes to an hour. (Mine cooked in just under 45 minutes)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





5 comments:
Chw is not a fan either. I am confused though. I thought orange chicken had mandarin oranges or OJ in it? Wouldn't this be ketchup chicken? (did it taste like orange chicken???)
At any rate, I will throw it into rotation and see :)
Maybe it' sjust me, but where does the orange come in?
This recipe looks great! Your blog is adorable...
PK @ ROOM REMIX
Hi there, I'm visiting from the SSS. I love the name of your blog, it fits motherhood perfectly! :-)
This looks great! I know Emma would love it in her school lunches. But I too am confused...where is the orange? Or it is called Orange Chicken because it is orange in color?
Post a Comment