Sunday, October 11, 2009

Resignation

No, not mine! Lady Bug's. She resigned from preschool on Friday!

I showed up at the school to pick her up and the teacher came over with a very concerned look on her face and asked to speak with me. She ushered me aside from the hustle and bustle of the classroom. She informed me that Lady Bug had told her she would not be coming back to school. I looked somewhat confused. She went on to say that Lady Bug told her that this was her last week and that after this weekend she would not be back to school there.

I couldn't think what Lady Bug would have been talking about, but assured the teacher that she was in fact returning to school on Monday. About this time, Lady Bug came pouncing over from where she was and said "I am going to kindergarten at the boys' school."

I leaned down to her and said that would be NEXT year. She piped up "Noooooo, that's next weekend." So I told her again that she would have to wait until next year to go to kindergarten at the boys' school.

I then looked back at the teacher and assured her that Lady Bug would be returning to school and would not be leaving until next year when she starts kindergarten!

The teacher was relieved and said "She was so serious when she told me that I really believed her, but knew I should double check with you first."

3 comments:

Ruby Red Slippers said...

That is a cute story! She seems pretty determined to go to kindergarten!

United Studies said...

Hahahaha....that is hilarious!

Annette said...

Such a cute story! I guess you won't have to worry about getting her ready for kindergarten - she is ready now! Thanks for visiting my blog.