Tuesday, October 20, 2009

**UPDATE**

I am working on downloading some pictures, so while I do that I thought I would post a quick update on the bank deposit situation...

After numerous calls yesterday I finally called the banker that we opened our account with 4 or 5 years ago. I explained the situation and my concerns to him that the bank was being so nonchalant about my missing deposit. I explained I had a daycare payment due yesterday that now I would incur a $20 late fee, I explained our cell phone bill being due, and a car payment. So he got into our account and he said it looked like 3 supervisors were in my account at that moment. He asked if he could call me back, he was going to call one of those supervisors. He called me back about an hour later and told me that the supervisor was going to give me a "provisional credit" in my account so I could pay bills while they researched this. I asked if they knew what happened and he all he would say was "yes, they do." when I asked if they lost it he said no and when I asked if it went into someone else's account he choked on his words but wouldn't really say yes or no. Which I figured is my answer! This morning however, the bank called me to say they have credited the deposit to my account. I plan to submit my late fees to them and see if they will reimburse me those amounts. I am still upset over the situation, but at least now (4 days later) I have my money!

For those inquiring minds... the bank rhymes with FACE. :-)

5 comments:

Misty said...

i am just impressed that your previously Mutually WONDERFUL bank's banker is still with Stupid FACE bank. Honestly. When Stupid FACE took over all of our Mutually WONDERFUL branches, they brought with them their own Stupid FACE robotic/ignorant workers.

But I'm not bitter.

And I'm glad you have your money.

Ruby Red Slippers said...

OH MY GOODNESS! I am going to check my accounts with "FACE"!!!
Yikes!!!
I am glad it was resolved!

Tabitha Blue said...

Oh goodness, that is an ordeal, and they should definitely cover those late fees!!! It's their fault! Glad its getting all worked out now. :)

United Studies said...

Oh I am glad to hear they have credited your account! They most certainly should credit you those late fees.

Unknown said...

I have had this happen to me before. Ours was a direct deposit that got deposited into the wrong account. This was before the internet so by the time we knew the deposit had not been made into the right account, we had a whole lot of INSF charges, almost $200 worth and some things were sent back to where we wrote the checks. Lucky for us, the bank paid ALL the INSF fees and also reimbursed us for the fees we had to pay to the places where they returned our checks to. I am glad you have gotten everything figured out.