Friday, October 9, 2009

Friday Recipe - Chocolate Chip Pound Cake

I found this recipe a couple weeks ago here and decided to make it over the weekend for my neighbor. She shared a piece with me while we chatted one afternoon. This is such a yummy cake and was easy to make. It doesn't need frosting, just a simple dusting of powdered sugar. Spirit, who doesn't really care for chocolate *gasp* (he can't be my child!), had a bite and said it was actually pretty good.

CHOCOLATE CHIP POUND CAKE
from Imparting Grace
INGREDIENTS:

1 box of devil's food cake mix
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup water
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 eggs
1 (3.4 oz) package instant chocolate pudding mix
1 heaping cup chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease and flour a Bundt pan or just spray with non-stick cooking spray.

Place cream cheese in mixer bowl. Beat cream cheese a bit to soften. Add cake mix; beat a bit to combine with cream cheese. Scrape sides of bowl. Add oil, water, and vanilla; beat well. Scrape sides of bowl again. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in pudding mix; beat until well combined. Fold in chocolate chips.

Pour/spoon batter into prepared pan. Note: the batter will be very, very thick. Bake at 325 degrees for one hour, not a moment more. Remove from oven and cool on a cooling rack for 10-15 minutes. Remove cake from pan.

Click here to go over and see her pictures of this glorious cake!

3 comments:

Ruby Red Slippers said...

YUM!
How did you know I needed a chocolate fix!!??

~Thought's By Dena~/ JDs Gift Shack said...

I found my way to you thru Georgie's Mr. Linky for the Secret Santa Soiree. Wanted to stop by and say hello...and then I see this awesome recipe and Im so very thankful I did stop by! it sounds so YUMMY!!! I must try it!!!

Unknown said...

I am gaining weight just reading LOL
sounds so good

wanted to let you know there is a SSS update post up now-please stop by when you can