Friday, September 21, 2007
TGIF.... boy do I need a weekend
Well, I am sure glad it is Friday. We have had a terrible week. A friend of our DS, who is only 5, was hit and killed on his bike. We had to tell our DS and of course I went to the funeral. Even though my DH is in the funeral business and we have to deal with death daily, it is very hard when it is someone we know. I can't imagine what that poor mother is going through. I delivered a still born 4 years ago but the situations are so very different that I can not put myself in that woman's shoes. Not to diminish what we went through, but I never had the birthdays or the Christmas' or baseball, etc. There is nothing more heart wrenching - as a mom - watching another mom sob for the loss of her son. Especially such a young boy.WOW! Sorry to start off with such a downer! But I needed to get some of this pain down on "paper" and try to move on!We are walking, as a family, to raise money and awareness for Sudden Unexplained Death in Childhood. (See link below) Then we are also hosting a Denver Bronco football party at our house. Then for dinner on Sunday we are biking to meet some close friends at a nearby park for a picnic. Should be fun! We do a lot of walks to raise money. Last week we raised over $600 for Alzheimers and walked a 5k in City Park!!I probably won't be blogging this weekend since there is so much going on. Back on Monday!Here is the link to the fundraiser we are involved in this weekend. http://www.joshandgus.com/
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment