Monday, September 24, 2007
Make your bed!!
As a working mother of 3, sometimes it is hard to keep the house clean. I try. I really do! But a friend of mine commented the other day on how clean my house is! I said "WHAT? Do you have your contacts in???" So we got to talking about it and here are some tips that I have incorporated into my daily routine: First, I always make my bed. Growing up my dad always told me that if you make your bed then the house "feels" cleaner. This is true. So I always make my bed as soon as I get up (this helps so I don't jump back into bed too!!) Secondly, after I am done in the bathroom with my hair and makeup, etc. I ...... are you ready for this....... I take a disinfectant wipe and wipe down the counter, faucet, sink and even wipe down the toilet. This makes the bathroom "feel" clean and forces me to put stuff in it's proper place. Thirdly, I start a load of laundry which will get tossed into the dryer when I come home from work. Then, after we have dinner I wipe down the counters and stove. But I also wipe my sink clean and wipe down the faucet. I throw the dish towel and dish rag in the laundry basket to be washed (I can't stand a stinky washrag!) Then, I spend 20 minutes picking up the living area, folding that load of clothes from the dryer, watering plants, etc. The children are required to help with this task of picking up and also making sure their backpacks are ready for the following day and hung up by the door. Now, dusting...... well that is not something I do regularly! Ask the poor little knick knacks whose lungs are filled with dust and debris! *sigh* Oh well, maybe one day I can incorporate that into my daily routines!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment