Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Child size apron

I made each of my 3 children their very own apron. We love to spend time cooking or baking together. I guess, since I love to cook and bake it is a great way to spend time with my kids. Sharing that passion I have for the kitchen with them is so much fun. My oldest, Spirit, as I call him, will help but it really isn't his favorite thing to do and he loses interest in the whole thing rather quickly. My middle son, Lefty, as I call him, enjoys it very much. He will stick it out until the whole process is done, even helping to clean up afterwards. My youngest, Lady Bug, as we all call her, isn't that into it either and it may be that she just is still too young....time will tell I suppose!
I wanted to put pictures here of the aprons because Lady Bug's came out SO cute! I found a white towel that had a cute cherry near the bottom and red and white ruffled trim. It was so perfect for Lady Bug, I had to adjust the directions a little bit in order to make this one work with all the trim but it still came out so adorable. For the boys I found some neat retro looking towels!
I haven't had a chance to get good pictures out of the kids (they are less than cooperative), so I will post those as soon as the kiddos cooperate! (Maybe I was pushing them over the edge because they had picture day at school yesterday which was a fiasco because the power went out in our whole neighborhood!)
I got my instructions from the Family Fun website:
http://jas.familyfun.go.com/arts-and-crafts?page=CraftDisplay&craftid=11092
Each one took me about or less than an hour to make!

No comments: